Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue and over 20,000 colleagues globally. Coty sells its products in over 130 countries, with a purpose to celebrate and liberate the diversity of consumers’ beauty. Its strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands. Coty is the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics. Coty's key brands in D/A/CH include: bruno banani, James Bond 007, David Beckham, Playboy, Mexx, adidas, Astor, Max Factor, MANHATTAN, Sally Hansen, Wellaflex for the Consumer Beauty Division. HUGO BOSS, Gucci, Calvin Klein, Chloé, Marc Jacobs, Bottega Veneta, Jil Sander, Davidoff, Lancaster, Alexander McQueen for the Luxury Division. Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, System Professional, EIMI, Nioxin, Londa Professional, Sassoon Professional, OPI for the Professional Division. For further information visit www.coty.com.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The DACH Consumer and Market Insights Lead will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of DACH consumers and shoppers as well as understanding market/retailer dynamics for the Coty Consumer Beauty Business. The DACH CMI Lead will be a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team, reporting to the DACH Marketing Director. The DACH CMI Lead will oversee market specific research for Coty Brands in the region (Wella, Adidas, Max Factor, Manhattan, Sally Hansen, Mass Fragrances among others). It will also mainly lead development and execution of research plans for whitespace brand entry for DACH.
- Set the consumer, shopper and market learning roadmap for the DACH COTY Consumer Beauty division , consolidating Regional and Country specific market and consumer trends, unmet needs, whitespace opportunities, competitive activity and transforming them into a winning long-term business growth strategy that includes:
- Brand portfolio maximization (vertical and horizontal) and sequencing
- Whitespace opportunities (new consumers, markets, adjacencies, etc.)
- Brand Innovation Pipeline development, Principles & Pacing
- Deliver Breakthrough Execution for Innovation Pipeline
- Harness global and local insights to execute innovation flawlessly
- Qualify mix - go to market 4ps if necessary & advertising (if not globally available)
- Forecast and recommend ways to build bigger initiatives.
- Drive Business recommendations based on Market data
- Use Nielsen/ KANTAR Panel data to drive share growth
- Use secondary information on brands, retailers and categories to highlight gaps for immediate actionability by marketing, sales and customer marketing
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- 7+ years research/insights experience (must have at least 3 years of that from a client/corporate role)
- Must have experience and strong working knowledge in the consumer goods industry. 3+ years in consumer beauty or luxury goods preferred.
- Must have experience influencing others—proven track record managing multiple stakeholders is required; experience leading and communicating to cross-functional teams is heavily required
- Proficiency in the art and science of insights—equally comfortable in the worlds of data analysis and creative storytelling
- Deep experience across a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research tools/methodologies at every level of the process—research design, vendor management, questionnaire development, data analysis, reporting and presenting
- Working knowledge in marketing ROI analytics. Vendor management and experience across regression modeling techniques.
- Strong analytical capabilities with an emphasis on interpreting data and presenting it in a dynamic way. Data visualization software experience preferred. (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Leader in translating data into compelling, visual stories that speak to diverse audiences (senior leadership, research novices, unconventional marketers, etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills—in everything from an intimate 5-person meeting or one-on one with a senior executive to a room of 100
- Expert in PowerPoint and Excel
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where being a self-starter who can manage many simultaneous projects with keen attention to detail—while also figuring out what’s next and what’s needed—is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Manager, Economics, or Social Sciences required. Master’s or Professional degree strongly preferred (MBA, MMR, etc..) Professional experience valued in place of Graduate degree.
- Language skills : Proficient in German and English (Both Oral and Written)
Core Skills Required:
- Strategic Leadership and Influence Impact – Clear ability to lead, energize, and engage senior management to influence strategies/ action plans, ensuring all decisions are grounded in consumer understanding and brand building fundamentals. Strategic envisioning and organization enrollment skills within and across functions is essential.
- Communication – Strong track record of driving clear, actionable recommendations into business strategy. Brings consumer and market insights/ knowledge to life in simple and visually compelling manner. Oral and written communication skills must result in strong influence impact across Category/Sales Leads, CMI and broader Beauty. CONCISE STORYTELLING: boil down multiple data points into a simple but powerful story for the business and customer.
- Priority Setting and Agility – Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, focusing on the biggest, appropriate business priorities to impact business strategy. Willingness to be flexible on dynamic and fast-changing beauty business, flowing to the work, while continually operating with a scarcity mindset.
- CMI Mastery– Has strong technical mastery of CMI fundamentals, tools, and capabilities. This includes comprehensive base of qual/ quant research techniques and translate consumer & market insights into business action. Must understand volumebuilding levers to deliver brand-building holistic propositions. Integrates information while balancing data and judgment.
- Interdependency and Collaboration – Builds strong, effective partnerships among CMI research suppliers, multi-functional teams, and external agencies to deliver on the business.