The Kao Group develops its consumer products business for general consumers in four of its fields of business: Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care, Human Health Care, and Fabric and Home Care. Kao believes that through these businesses we can contribute to the wholehearted satisfaction and enrichment of the lives of people throughout the world.
The Brand Manager is a core player within the Guhl Global Marketing Team, contributing to the growth of the brand. The individual is responsible for further building the brand equity and positioning, for contributing to the definition, development and qualification of the Guhl NPD innovation pipeline, for developing communication strategy and executions together with our external agency partners, and leading international cross-functional project teams.
Job responsibilities in detail
Brand Strategy – The BM is a core player in the team in developing, aligning and deploying the brand strategy based on a thorough market analysis, a compelling brand vision and strategic choices with a focus on where to play and how to win.
Brand Equity/Positioning – The BM is a core player in the team in envisioning, defining and developing the long-term Guhl brand equity building on
- Market opportunities and trends,
- Competitive environment, existing and new market dynamics,
- Strategic target and brand heritage.
Product Portfolio and Innovation Pipeline – The BM is contributing to the definition and development
of the product innovation pipeline/NPDs as well as managing the product portfolio based on
- Consumer insights, market trend analysis, competitive activity and leveraging internal technological expertise to identify NPD opportunities,
- Concept ideation generation and development,
- Concept qualification incl. guiding all market research,
- Product development with R&D,
- Concept executional/sensorial elements (incl. product aesthetics, fragrance, color, design, copy development and benefit claims).
Consumer Communications and Advertising Development – The BM is supporting the development
and execution of the entire communication mix with focus on packaging design, TV and print advertising as well as digital marketing together with our agency partners including:
- Creative brief,
- Creative market research testing,
- Creative production,
- Creative post-production,
- Market deployment.
Daily Business Management, i.e. financial planning, marketing budget control, business analyses, cross-functional collaboration
The ideal candidate is a balanced personality with enthusiasm and drive. An experienced and passionate brand manager with a strong affinity for beauty care and a highly professional working style. The successful candidate is creative and taking both initiative and responsibility.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate holds a university degree/MBA and brings experiences and expertise in below areas.
Work experience should include
- Brand Management experience in fast moving consumer goods,
- Brand Management of beauty brand,
- International business experience.
Required business related skills
- Knowledge of the beauty care category, ideally, including hair care
- Target segmentation and brand positioning,
- Consumer insights development,
- NPD and concept development,
- Advertising and packaging design development incl. briefing and managing external agencies,
- Marketing mix experience: ideally, on both national and international marketing level,
- Experience in market research techniques, including both qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies.
Core personal competences
- Great sense of aesthetics and awareness of beauty and lifestyle trends as well as a high affinity and personal involvement and enjoyment of beauty care and fashion
- Strong strategic skills,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Strong creative skills,
- Strong project management and priority setting skills,
- Experience in leading cross functional teams and country marketing organizations,
- Strong presentation skills,
- Enthusiasm, energy, flexibility, positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit,
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written).
The successful candidate interacts with market research, product development, packaging development, supply chain, country product managers, country marketing managers, outside agencies, upper management.