The Kao Group develops its consumer products business for general consumers in four of its fields of business: Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care, Human Health Care, and Fabric and Home Care. Kao believes that through these businesses we can contribute to the wholehearted satisfaction and enrichment of the lives of people throughout the world.
The Group Brand Manager is a key player within the Guhl Marketing Team focused on successfully growing the brand in the EMEA Markets Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium and further expansion markets. The Individual is responsible for further building the Brand Equity and Positioning, for leading the Guhl New Product Development Innovations Pipeline, for envisioning and developing the Guhl Communication Strategy and Executions together with our external agency partners, for defining and executing the Guhl expansion strategy in to new markets and regions as well as for developing and coaching of 2 direct reports (2 Brand Manager).
Job responsibilities in detail:
- Brand Strategy – The GBM is a core player in defining, aligning and deploying the Brand Strategy based on a thorough market analysis, a compelling brand vision and strategic choices with a focus on where to play and how to win.
- Brand Equity/Positioning – The GBM is a key Player in envisioning, defining and developing the long-term Guhl Brand Equity.
- Product Portfolio and Innovation Pipeline – The GBM is leading the definition and development of the Product Innovation Pipeline/NPDs as well as managing the product portfolio.
- Consumer Communications and Advertising Development – The GBM is envisioning, developing, and executing the entire Communication Mix with focus on Advertising, Digital Marketing and Packaging Design together with the Agency Partners by leading the entire communication development process.
- Guhl Expansion – the GBM is envisioning, developing and executing the expansion concept and Go-to-market approach to ensure successful expansion of Guhl into new regions and markets.
- Development and Coaching of direct reports - The GBM will be responsible in developing and coaching of 2 Brand Manager
The ideal candidate is a balanced personality with enthusiasm and drive, is highly dedicated to brand management, has a strong affinity to Beauty Care and a professional working style. The successful candidate is driven, taking responsibility and initiative.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate holds a university Degree/MBA and has minimum 5+ years in similar, relevant work experience.
Work experience should include:
- Brand Management experience in fast moving consumer goods
- Brand Management of beauty brand
- International business experience
Business related skills:
- Experience required of Target Segmentation and Brand Positioning
- Experience required of tapping into Consumer Insights and Needs
- Experience required of NewProductDevelopment and Concept Development
- Experience in Advertising and Packaging Design Development incl. briefing and guiding outside agencies
- Experience required of Marketing Mix, ideally both the National Marketing and International Marketing level
- Experience in market research methodologies, including both qualitative and quantitative market research
Core personal competences
- Excellent Hair Care Category Knowledge: High appreciation and awareness of beauty aesthetics and trends as well as High affinity and personal involvement and enjoyment of Premium Beauty Care, Fashion, Luxury Goods
- Strong strategic skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong creative skills
- Strong project management and priority setting skills
- Strong ability in leading, guiding, coaching and developing direct reports
- Strong experience in leading and influencing the Cross Functional Teams and Country Marketing Organizations
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong enthusiasm, energy, flexibility, positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit